Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Arizona, my weekend in pictures...


 This last weekend was my girls trip to the spa in Arizona with Best Friend #1 and #2. I was very grateful to go on this trip since I have no money right now. It just shows you how amazing good friends really are when they tell you "just pay us back later..."

Any great road trip will include windmills I've come to find.

So I'm just gonna come out and say, that at the first rest stop I made the rookie road trip mistake and squatted over the toilet instead of using the paper slip cover and peed all over my skirt. I had to take my skirt off rinse it out in the sink and then drap it over the suitcases in the back of the car. Lukily when you are with best friends they don't even bat an eye: "we thought you were gone a while..."

First stop 108 degrees  -Jesus Christ!

We made it!

First gas station stop, in the middle of... oh yeah thats right , that would be NOWHERE.

Best Friend #1 less then jazzed about the extreme temperature

I was really excited about the Catus's though- I love shitty rest stops.

Look at this thing!

The Cactus obliged and let me take my picture with it

The girls keeping busy with road business, you know silly things like filling the tank and such...

...meanwhile back to more important things, taking pictures of the desolute desert restauraunt

Best friend #1 obliges to be my Vanna

So later the car breaks down, yeah that happened. Luckily we were about 5 miles from our hotel and right next to a Ford dealership!

Thank you Ford! and also fuck you for not making a better  'fan that cools the battery' whatever that is...

we looked at it all as part of our adventure...

Until we got into the rental car and saw that it was now 115 degrees.

it was a long 5 miles to the hotel

and a very sweaty ride

but once we got there, boy was it worth it! Thank God for Best friend #2 and her genuis idea of going to the fanciest hotel in the off season so its cheap and amazing!

everywhere you look- beautiful

we had finally arrived at our oasis after our long trek across the desert

We were happy again

and enjoying the beautiful desert landscape

and amazing adobe architecture!
and of course and few cocktails doesnt hurt anything...

it only makes the cactus look even more awesome!

I had a total crush on the pool

I could get used to this kind of living






Our dinner that night was fabulous!

waking up at 6am the next morning because Best friend #2 is pregnent and didnt drink - not so fabulous, but hey I made the best of it-back to the pool!

our dreamy hacienda

 to then be interrupted by my boys texting hello pictures or rather shouting MAMA!!!

then right back to my pool again...

a reminder from The Toot that my pool at home leaves a lot to the imagination.

we were really roughing it

it was obviously unpleasant

spending the day by the pool really bums me out.

dinner with the girls



I highly approved of my ladies landscape color coordinated Arizona outfits


"wait! I have to blog"


more beautious Cactus!



Seriously Arizona with your  Sunsets? Now you're just showing off.



to say our dinner was good would be an understatement

We ended our eveing with a drunken midnite swim, after watching the Olympics at the bar with a rowdy group of travelers. It was a pretty awesome night. 

I don't know if I told you but Husband recently accused me of running over a baby opposum in our driveway ( I did not). So in the morning before we got on the road to drive home I recieved this picture and a text that said: "I believe we have a serial killer on our hands, first the opossum and now a bird."  I replied: well at least now I'm ruled out. To which he responded : "No you're still our only suspect we know you had something to do with it, we just havent connected all the dots yet..."

the ride home was uneventful, especially after being accused of bird murder.


except of course eating at Mcdonalds which was great and disgusting as it always is

Home sweet home, sorta looks like a Taco Bell but whateves. A fabulous trip with my fabulous ladies...









No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a working Mom to a Toddler, a messy wife to a neat freak and a 6 foot tall Glamazon triathlete who went to art school. If Lucille Ball and Laverne and Shirley had a Goth love child thats who I'd be.